Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing #12

Thing #12: Commenting

I think it is easy not to create a dialogue when creating a blog. It is easy to provide commentary only versus a stimulating dialogue between writer and reader. I see how this is possible, especially if one is using the blog to convey information such as: test dates, homework reviews, and general information. In order to create a dialogue one has provide discussion in their blog such as providing discussion questions.

Creating comments also is something we need to teach in digital citizenship for our students. They need to understand that comments need to be productive, on topic, and relevant to the blog discussion. This is a good lesson to provide to our students.

I find myself reading more blogs versus interacting through commenting. I see how commenting can create more of a dialogue so I will do my best to start interacting more within the blogging community.

No comments:

Post a Comment