Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing #10

Thing #10: Online Image Generator

I am already familiar with Big Huge Labs, Comic Strip Generator, and Trading Cards so I decided to focus on the image generators that are new to me.

Custom Sign Generator: This website is really intense and hard to navigate. It is overwhelming with all of the options and I can see the students becoming really frustrated when trying to use this website.

Image Chef: This is really user friendly and I liked the layout of this site. I created a baseball jersey on this site. I could see the 8th grade students using this to enhance their advertisement unit in LA.


Kid Friendly Generator: This seems geared more towards the elementary students. I don't know if the middle school students would like this.

Dumpr: This was a lot of fun to play around in with the various effects. The students could (and would) spend hours playing around on this site.
Wordle: I really like this image generator. I created a wordle of my blog and as you can tell Thing is really important. I like how the wordle highlights the words or phrases used most often. I would like to see a wordle accompany the research paper that the 8th graders complete. I think it would make the writing experience more meaningful as students can see the important pieces of their work.




Glogster: I was immediately distracted by all of the pink on the website. I know that many middle school boys would not want to use the site since they would think it was for girls only. It did seem geared towards females.



No comments:

Post a Comment